Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back to School - Whoo Hoo or Oh No!!



First of all I just have to say that I have really enjoyed my children this summer!! It has been a very laid back summer, mostly because we really couldn't afford to DO anything, so we went to the beach and the pool and the library and (of course) JuJu's house!! We spent many evenings on the front porch eating ice cream and Popsicles and it was simply grand!! I have loved sleeping til 7:30 and NOT having to rush to get anywhere! That being said, it will be nice to have a schedule again and, I must admit, I am looking forward to some alone time, even if it is only 9 hours a week:) So next Tuesday my alarm will go off at 4:45 am and the craziness will begin for the next 9 months!! I am already longing for the lazy, hazy days of summer and that's saying a lot because it get REALLY HOT here!! LOL!! Am I crazy?? Does everyone else look forward to school?? Let me know! Any advice on making the crazy days easier, organization wise!! I do so LOVE to organize!! I guess you have to with 5 kids:) Hehe!!

3 comments:

  1. I, too, am one of those moms that love summertime and having my kids home from school (all 4 of them). Most of my friends spend their entire summer shuttling their kids from one camp to another. Not me.

    I don't have any tips for organizing, it seems things are always hectic and chaotic around here during the school year. If you get some good tips, please post them!

    Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love organization too! BUT....4:45 AM???? I don't think I move that early! Girl, you're on the ball!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the summer time because there is no set time to be anywhere. However after two months of it I'm ready to get back into routine. I just hate the first week or so since the kids fight going to bed earlier.

    ReplyDelete