Saturday, June 19, 2010

One Year Old!!!




My blog is a year old!!! Whoo Hoo!! I started this blog in June of last year when Lizzie had been home a year and when I decided that the website I had started for her and our journey to her was done. I had poured my heart and soul into that website. It was a labor of love for my sweet girl and I wanted it to be the baby book that Lizzie never had.

After a year of being home, however, I thought it was time to move on. I had learned so much by reading the beautiful blogs of other adoptive families and I wanted to reach out to more people, to share our family with all of our ups and downs and craziness and love. I had never thought about using this blog to advocate as well, but it somehow seems right. I love the support and encouragement and prayers that I have received from all of the wonderful people who follow along. Thank you all so much for commenting and encouraging and supporting me and my little blog!!

I would like to do something to commemorate the occasion and I am thinking maybe a small (emphasis on the word small - sigh) giveaway. I will post details next week. My !@#$%^&* computer is broken AGAIN and I am having to sort everything out on my borrowed one!!!!! UGH!!!! So look for some details next week!!!

Again, THANK YOU to all who read and follow and especially for all your wonderful comments!!! I bet this next year will be even more fun! We will have our first official teenager in the house!!! YIKES!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cornbread and Chopsticks! I am so glad that I found your blog. I enjoy your posts, your passion for advocating for children, and your cyber friendship! Wishing you many more birthdays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Cornbread & Chopsticks! I'm glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, friend. Cannot wait to see how the next year unfolds for you.

    ReplyDelete