Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Conversation with Lucy...

and a small glimpse into the world she knew pre-us.

This conversation took place as I was tucking Lucy in the other night.

I sometimes think this is Lucy's favorite part of the day.

This sweet girl just adores being tucked snugly into bed and kissed goodnight...

and now I think I may know why.

For the sake of this piece, I will refer to the hospital she was in as "R".

Lucy:  "R" no brush teeth.

Me:  You did not get to brush your teeth when you were at "R"?

Lucy: No, no brush teeth at "R".

Me:  Well now you can brush your teeth!

Lucy:  YAY!

Lucy:  No kiss at "R".

Me:  No one kissed you at "R"?

Lucy:  No kiss night night at "R".

insert the sound of my heart breaking here

Me:  Oh sweet girl!  Mommie will always kiss you night night!

insert BIG GRIN from Lucy here

Me:  Lucy, you will never have to go back there.

insert HUGE GRIN from Lucy here

Me:  You will be here forever and I will always be your Mommie - forever and ever!

Lucy:  YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY - forever and ever - YAY!!!!!

Thank you Lord for providing the way for me to be able to kiss my daughter every night...

forever and ever!

Praying for the millions of other sons and daughters who will never have that kiss goodnight...

insert the sound of Your heart breaking Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that did it! regarding your last sentence! Sounds like Lucy is understanding English more and more.... Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart! It is praising God and weeping for those who are hurting and alone. What a beautiful exchange!!!

    ReplyDelete