Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Choosing Thanks this Thanksgiving!

Pictures can sometimes be deceiving...

rode trip to Thanksgiving...


had car trouble, sigh...

made it to Thanksgiving at in-laws with beautifully decorated table...


sweet Mom-in-law sick...

got a few good shots of the boys Christian - ugh - Charlie - typical - hehe...


minus Caleb as he was sick...

got some really cute shots of the girls and their cousins...



just hours before Em revisited her Thanksgiving meal, over and over and over again...

all night long.

poor baby.

Despite all of this however...

I am so thankful to have been able to spend this time, sickness and all, with my sweet family cause ya see...

even though we had car trouble...

my amazing Hubby was able to trouble shoot, we both prayed, He answered and when we were on our way again...

Hubby and I just smiled, held hands and thanked Him...

and even though my sweet Mom-in-law was sick and yes, still managed to create that gorgeous table...


it allowed my awesome Sis-in-law and myself a wonderful opportunity to enjoy some rare time together (minus kids) to cook the Thanksgiving meal - even the turkey - which for this vegetarian was a labor of love y'all - let me tell ya...

*grin*

and even though my Caleb was sick...

he was wanting some Momma time and hugging on me all night long...

and even though Em probably never wants to eat turkey again...

sweet girl rallied by Friday, somehow managed to get no one else sick and was ready to face the loooong drive home!

So despite all the set backs, I am thankful...

I am thankful for a sweet Mom-in-law who always makes theses times so very festive and who despite sickness, was willing to dig out the turkey innards, neck and all!

Did I mention the vegetarian thing...  Bleh!!!

I am also thankful for turkey roasters, complete with instructions, and a sweet Sis-in-law who makes everything fun.

I am thankful for the flu shot (hehe) and an almost 13 teen year old who still wants Momma when he is sick.

and I am thankful for stain resistant carpet and an amazing 9 year old who can be down one minute and so up the next.

give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

So this Thanksgiving, I am giving thanks in all circumstances...

and I am most thankful for an incredible Hubby who is choosing to be thankful too!


Happy Thanksgiving y'all!



1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Ann, I am thankful for ALL of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete