Thursday, July 1, 2021

Caleb Graduates...

So a piece of my heart walked onto a stage just the other day and into the rest of his life and I can't seem to catch my breath as time just races ahead of my heart...

How can it be that 18 years have slipped into a moment cause last I checked you were your older brothers' "project", your little sisters' super hero and my baby boy...





and now we are at that place where holding on meets letting go....

and it does not get any easier...

As his brothers before him, this child will be missed.

His first visit home will be anticipated...

His favorite meal (pizza) will be waiting...

His room will remain until the New Year when little sisters armed with Pottery Barn Teen catalogs and big plans cannot be held back any longer...

His dog will sense his arrival...

(Photo curtesy of Lynn Cobb Studios)

not understanding the separation but in true puppy style, delighting in the moment of his return.

(Photo curtesy of Lynn Cobb Studios)

Come August, my "home soon" texts will carry a more profound and problematic connotation. 

However, I am finding that in the "letting go", there is time to exhale - to trust that the years of lessons and rules and consequences and fun and love and prayer have brought us to a place of expectation and excitement as another part of my heart steps into the rest of his life...

the grip can be loosed as the boy becomes a man and the Lord's path begins to mature.

Warning... 😉 the video is long but full of memories and love...

Congratulations Caleb.

We love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment