Monday, December 21, 2015

The Non-Ending Season

As I have mentioned before...


soccer is a big part of our lives.



Five out of seven of our kiddos play...



and the 7th one wants to play sooooo badly.



I don't know what her soccer future holds but I do know that the Lord has transformed her hopelessness into hope and that hope is healing our sweet girl from the inside out.


The 6th one is just happy to come along for the ride and enjoy the games, as she just has fun where ever she goes!


Yep, soccer consumes us about 8 months out of the year and while I have my moments of complaint...

notice the rain..
I have many more moments of fun...


of laughter...


of pride...


of bonding...


and of inspiration...


awe inspiring moments of reflection...


and thankfulness...


Soccer has been a vehicle through which the Lord has used to bond us together...


and one through which He has used and is using to heal...


certain ones of us.


We don't ever take it too seriously...



but we do seriously love the way in which it has been used to grow us individually and as a family.


Yes, it has been a long season and yes I am glad to have a break...






and yes, by February, I will be rested and ready for soccer 2016.

It will be Christian's senior and final high school soccer season.

He played his last club soccer game this season...


and I am struck by the length of each season...

and the brevity of such a multitude of seasons...

and I just want time to stand still...

except when I don't...

and there in lies the secret...

the longing for tomorrow...

while cherishing the past...

and learning to enjoy the moment...

cause it goes by too fast and in the midst of the complaints...

there are memories being made...


and I will remember that in the rain and the heat and the cold and the bugs...

except when I don't

*grin*

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  2 Peter 3:8

Lord, thank you for memories and the moments and the days and the years...

and even the soccer!

No comments:

Post a Comment