Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Rest of the Story...

Can't you just hear Paul Harvey's voice saying that???

Hehe!

So, if you did not read Friday's post, you really need to go back to this post and catch up.

Go ahead, we will wait...

OK, now that you are caught up, let me tell you the rest of the story!

On Friday's post, we left off with my beautiful friend Angie blessing us with a pair of blue jeans and a wonderful friend of hers donating a laptop that they were not really using much anymore.

Blue jeans and laptops - an answer to prayer and a confirmation from the Lord.


We have begun to ask...


and He is answering, in some very beautiful ways and through some very beautiful souls


and in answering, He is revealing to us His faithfulness and His desire for us to give it all to Him and just trust that He will provide, that He is working on our behalf, even when we don't see it, He is working.

I see this all the time in the adoption community.  Families stepping out in faith, trusting that the Lord will provide all that they need to bring their children home and He does, over and over again.

So, we asked for blue jeans and boy did we ever get blue jeans.

We asked for a workable laptop and not only did some beautiful family donate thiers but our wonderful neighbors fixed our old one.

He provided and we were completely blown away and in awe of all that He had done.

and then...

Friday night happened...

I was getting the girls ready for bed.

Hubby was at the grocery store - with his coupons - I know - cool right???

Anyway, my dear friend Kim, called me - at 9:00 at night - something's not right - her bedtime is 9:00 - I know not to call her after 8:30 at night - hehe!  

Then our doorbell rang - at 9:00 at night - again, something's not right - it's 9:00 at night - I have already washed all of my makeup off - I am NOT going to that door - EEK!

but Em does...

and calls me to the door - with NO makeup on:)

only to find this


and a car speeding off into the night!

As we bring this envelope into the house, the girls are asking questions - questions I cannot answer.

What is it Mommie?  "I don't know."

Who is it from Mommie?  "I don't know."

Open it Mommie.  "OK"

For some reason, my hands started to shake but I managed to open the envelope

and when I saw what was inside, my whole body started to shake!

Yep, God answers prayers and He is always working, even when we don't see Him working.

Through all the frustrating nights that I was up until one in the morning, waiting for my computer to catch up to my fingers, waiting for my computer to free up enough disk space for me to be able to load it up again with more pictures of children who wait, there are always so many children who wait (sigh), waiting for my computer to restart itself after freezing for the umpteenth time, waiting... 


and all that time, He was working and I just didn't know it until...

I looked into that envelope, that envelope that contained the sweetest note - to Hubby and me -

that envelope that also held money 

lots of money

$700 to be exact - for a new computer - a faster computer - a computer that will allow me to help those precious waiting children AND get a decent night's sleep! Yippee!!!!

Now I was shaking

and crying 

and sobbing

and praising the Lord for the sweetest, most generous, most caring, most faithful group of friends, some of whom I have the privilege and joy of knowing in person and some of whom I have never met in person but feel like I have!

I did not know what to do...

so I prayed

I sat down with the girls and just prayed and thanked the Lord for all that He had been doing while I waited and then...

I called Hubby - at the grocery store - and put him on speaker phone - but we were speech * less...

and then I called the one person who I was pretty sure was behind it all (may I add a word of warning here - do not tell dear sweet Kim J a secret and expect her to keep it - hehe - lesson learned - ha)

anyway, I called wonderful Angie and well just sobbed and then well sobbed some more.

I think I got a coherent thank you out at some point during the sobbing but if I didn't...

THANK YOU TO SWEET ANGIE

THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE WONDERFUL FRIEND WHO DONATED.

Money is tight for us all and many of you, I know, are trying to raise money of your own to bring your children home or pay bills or put food on the table or or or...

I cannot even put into words the depth of gratitude and awe and overwhelming sense of thankfulness I feel.  I cannot adequately describe this feeling of complete appreciation for all of you, my wonderful friends, whom the Lord has so graciously brought into my life.  

I praise Him and thank Him for you all, every single one of you.

You are all

and 


I am learning and growing and I have you all to thank for much of my journey and there is just no way to tell you all just how much that means to me - how much you all mean to me.

I am learning to be patient in the wait, learning to have joy in the wait, learning to trust that He will provide and He will provide in amazing ways - through amazing people!!!!


To read other Sunday Snapshots go here

Sunday Snapshot

15 comments:

  1. Oh Annie, that's so wonderful!!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I have absolutely loved reading about God's faithfulness and blessings for you and your family! I know that I am Praying, Believing, and Expecting God to bless/provide above and beyond for my waiting daughters. God is no respecter of persons, what He did for you He will do for me and others!

    Praising God for HIS FAITHFULNESS! He is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. know one deserves it more Annie Angel Girl
    My heart is full...NOW more JESSIES will get a chance to be SEEN( beacuse thats what you do)...and be tucked into a warm bed with a mommy and daddy telling her that she is a princess and WORTHY of all the love she can hold in her heart......

    Blessings
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so faithful and good! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I'm so happy for you. This is always so cool to see God at work. And yes, finding boys blue jeans at Goodwill is an ACTUAL miracle. I'm sure of it. God is a faithful God and I loved reading about what He has been doing for you all. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a blessing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Annie!

    I love how God works! He does care about all the details of our lives.....big (laptops) and small (jeans) :)

    So cool! So God!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praising God for what he has done for you! You deserve his blessings! :)
    God is good all the time!
    Blessings,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know (or remember) if I've commented here before, but THIS post needs to be acknowledged! I LOVE your Faith in Our Sweet Jesus! He is SO GOOD to us..Faithful Always and always wanting to give us what we need...and sometimes what we want! I will always remember your blog as the "Mustard Seed" blog.

    Matthew 17:20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”

    You had Faith like a Mustard Seed and He Blessed your heart! Thank You, for sharing! Love ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing! It gave me chills to read this. You deserve every single blessing and more. Just wish I had been in on it! I tell people all the time just how SPECIAL you and your family are. I am so.. thankful we can call ourselves friends of such a wonderful family. Look forward to spending more time with y'all at Spring soccer this year. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete