Friday, February 10, 2012

Thank you...

I seem to be saying those two words a lot lately!

You see, we have had a tough couple of years financially and have often found ourselves these days in the position of humility and thankfulness.

It has been hard

hard to accept help

hard to ask for help

hard to not be able to GIVE help.

HARD

Through it all, however, we have grown

We have grown in our faith - what a purposeful struggle it has been.

We have grown in our relationships with one another and our friends

and we have grown within ourselves, understanding what it means to be humble and thankful and reliant on the one true provider.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19

The Lord has provided for us in so many ways but if you have followed my blog recently, you will remember   

To say that I was absolutely blown away is a definite understatement!

The Lord chose to use my wonderful friends (Angie!!!) to provide a brand new computer, a computer to continue my advocacy, a computer to be able to be a voice for the voiceless.

To advocate for children like Cherry




and Tessa


and Adrianne


and Tiana


and precious Evie


It was hard to be without a working computer.

It was hard to have families email me about a certain precious child and not be able to answer them.

It was hard to look into the beautiful faces of these precious children who needed to be seen and not be able to help them.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not alone in this mission.    There is such a wonderful group of hard working, self sacrificing advocates whom I have come to know and love and whom, I have a sneaking suspicion were in on the great computer caper!   They were also so helpful when I was computerless and unable to help.  God bless each and every one of these wonderful ladies!

So, without further ado, please let me introduce my new little friend!!


This is my brand new computer!!!!  


My brand new computer that is super fast.


My brand new computer that can hold ALL of my gazillion pics and video and files and and and!!!!


My brand new computer that has a battery that actually works!!!!


I can sit here or there or way over yonder - cause I am no longer attached to the power cord 24/7!!!


My brand new computer that is so light, I can tote it anywhere in the house in one hand while carrying laundry (or a child)  in the other!!!!  Yippee!!!! 


My brand new computer that I am so incredibly thankful for and so incredibly humbled by  and I just had to say one great big 



to all who were Angie's beautiful partners in the great computer caper!!!!  You all have, simply put, brought me to my knees.    I am eternally grateful and hope that you all know how much this meant to me and to my poor hubby who spent a huge amount of time trouble shooting and band aiding my old computer!!!  

You are all just the most amazing friends and I thank the Lord for you all, everyday!!!

A very special thank you to my dear friend Angie who has taught me a lot about faithfulness and the power of prayer!   Talk about living a life for Christ!!!!  Yep, that's Angie and Tom!    

So, I am back in the saddle again, so to speak


Much more humble and faithful and incredibly thankful!!!!                                                      

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! So glad you were able to get a great computer....I had a Lenovo until my kids dropped it and eventually a wire severed and the screen went out...and I sure miss it-you will love that computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, this was the easiest "caper" of my career! You are so loved and so many jumped at the opportunity to give this gift to you and Chris. You are exactly where God wants you to be right now and you are traveling this path with such grace! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures! It is so great to see you with this computer. Thank you Angie for being the source of a great news story :) Thank you Annie for all you do for these wonderful children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good! He has blessed you because you bless so many and work tirelessly for the least of these! I'm so thrilled for you and you look good sitting at your new computer! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete