Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Caleb

One More Year...

One more year until this sweet, innocent, young boy...


turns into a (gulp) teenager!!


I am not ready...


So not ready for the transformation to begin!


I have seen it happen with his older brothers...


and I am just not ready for my baby boy to morph into into one of these...

hehe

Honestly, it just happens so fast!


 One day you are arranges play dates and the next...


they are dating!

Caleb and I have agreed, however...

no growing up for him!


Some how I think I had better get that in writing!

*wink*

Because, even though he promised me he would not grow up...


Caleb went and turned 12 last week anyway!

Crazy kid!

He didn't talk much about what he wanted or what he wanted to do...

but he had talked a lot lately about 3 very special friends whom he had not seen in almost 2 years.


This precious group of friends had known each other since they were 2 years old but recently, because of schools and sports activities and just plain old life...

they had not seen each other in a very long time.

Sooooo...

I decided that it might be fun to set up a little surprise for my sweet Caleb...

despite the fact that he was reneging on our deal and growing right on up!

*grin*

And after only a few texts between busy Mom's...

the plan was in place and the old gang of 4 was ready to reunite..

only Caleb was clueless...

which is right where I wanted him...

and on his birthday and after soccer practice...

we took Caleb out to get some pizza...

and...

to see some old friends...


it was awesome...


and as if no time had passed at all between them...


they picked right back up where they left off, and even though they were all so much more grown up...


they still acted like silly little boys who just could not be serious for one cotton picking minute while I tried to get some serious pictures!!!


Ugh!


Boys!!!

hehe

They were giggling laughing and talking and just being best buds and I was so very thankful for the time that they got to spend together.

I feel like these boys have a connection that will hopefully follow them throughout their lives as they continue to grow up (sigh) and go their own ways.

Caleb, you are my funny, sweet, compassionate, silly, awesome child who, irregardless of this growing up thing...

still likes to snuggle up every now and again and I am learning to hold on to and cherish those times...

cause this...


has quickly turned into this...


and while I know I tease you about growing up, I am just so excited to see where the Lord will lead you my sweet boy.


You have many gifts to offer and I cannot wait to watch as He reveals to you, your path and your purpose and while it may not always be easy...

it will always be blessed.


Happy Birthday my sweet Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment