Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - Peter

Do you remember Peter?

I wrote about Peter here.

I wrote about how this sweet young boy had sadly aged out - at 14 years of age.

I wrote about how this broke my heart for Peter and all of the 14 year old children who age out of the system at such a very young age. 

I wrote about how badly I want to see these kiddos find their forever families and...

I - asked - for - help!

I knew there was nothing anyone could do to change the fact that this sweet child would never have a forever family but there was something we could do,

Another advocate friend of mine, Marjorie, emailed and sugggested that we try to raise enough money to be able to send Peter a birthday present - the hand held gaming system that he had always wanted.

Something small in comparison, yes, but significant to him.

Significant to him in that he was able to get a birthday gift that he wanted so much and significant to him to know that there are people out there who care, truly care about him and you did...

Care - that is

Thanks to you, we were able to raise the money needed to send this child his gift and...




he loved it!!



More importantly, he knows that he is important, that he is thought of and prayed for!

Praise God, he is in a wonderful, loving group foster home and he will be able to remain there until he can take care of himself. 

It still won't be easy, however, as he ventures out into the world as an orphan but I pray that when times get tough, he might remember the one small gesture of love that was sent to him from a world away. 

I pray that the stigma of being an orphan in China might begin to change so that these precious children will have a chance at a brighter future in their home land!

Thank you to all who donated to this very special birthday gift.  Please pray for sweet Peter and all of the orphaned children of China who age out without ever knowing the love and security of a true family.

To see more Sunday Snapshots, please go here,


Sunday Snapshot

4 comments:

  1. Makes me cry. What a wonderful gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the hardest part of looking at the website, Wonder Waiting Kids! It breaks my heart each time I see one that has aged out. I would gladly take two children but as a single China won't let me! If only more people would open their hearts and homes.

    This is one of the sweetest things I've read about! So touched to see such a wonderful thing happen for this young man. It is so sad to see these children never get a break in their own country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....breaks my heart in two. I wish I could save them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really does LOVE it! When we visit in October/November, I hope to take him more games for it.

    ReplyDelete