Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It Feels Like...

Just as soon as it started...



It was done!



Fall Soccer that is...



and while I complain about practices 



and out of town games




and having to miss the little ones games because of out of town (bigger kids) games



I really do LOVE to watch them play!

Christian is incredibly disciplined and actually looks forward to practice!



He is a natural athlete and the Captain of the team.  He takes soccer very seriously and looks so grown up and strong out there.  His back injury has been frustrating but I am hoping this little break will help!  Those 15 years olds play rough and he is right there giving push for shove!  oh my...

Charlie, while not quite as disciplined or serious (just gotta smile when I think of happy Charlie), is a really great, natural player



He can play just about any position and play it well.  He wasn't as happy this season and he may take a break until we get settled in up in NC, where he thinks he wants to try football in the Fall - gulp!  I know he will be great, however, cause he has been playing football "in the hood" ever since he could walk! Hehe!

Caleb, sweet Caleb!  This child gets out on that field and just gives it his all!  



He can also play just about any position and at 9 years old, is not afraid to get in there and mix it up a bit.  He will be the player who knocks down his opponent and then helps them back up!  He plays with his whole heart and is a joy to watch - and - is still young enough for me to be able to yell things like, "Way to go Sugar!" without getting a "look" back!

Emmeline is my babydoll loving, cartwheel turning soccer player!



I can't say that she loves soccer but she is good, really good - when she tries!  She may end up cheering instead of playing but we really want her to give it a little while longer.  I always cheered instead of played and I can see the huge benefit of learning how to play a sport and how to play on a team and how to relate to boys!  There is something to be said for chasing boys around a soccer field and not on the playground - if ya know what I mean! 

Little Miss Lizzie.  What can I say about our little dynamo!  She is a tiny tornado on that field.  



Lizzie just loves soccer and like her eldest bro, she is very serious about her soccer, is very determined - and fast as lightning!  Watching her out on the soccer field and watching others watch her out on that soccer field just fills my heart.  Would she have played soccer if she had stayed in China?  Probably - but would she have had a Daddy, Momma, brothers and sister(s) to cheer her on, to give her a thumbs up when she scores yet another goal?  No and that is what breaks my heart for those left behind.  Every child deserves the love and support of a family and what many families don't realize is the blessings that they will receive once they say yes to adoption.

So, the 2012 Fall Soccer season comes to an end and with it, ends Hubby's leadership of the Little Kickers program.  I honestly think giving up this precious program that he has developed, run and nurtured for the past 3 years was, for him, one of the hardest things about moving away.  He has put his heart and soul into this program and spent countless (unpaid - heh) hours working for these kiddos and this program.  
 


 
He loved it and the kids/families love him.  I am very proud of him and the work that he has done and I don't think I tell him often enough!  I have a feeling the Lord has big plans for my Hubby in NC and I cannot wait to see what they might be - a soccer ministry perhaps???  
 
I like it!

So while I moan and groan and fuss about the missed family meals and the hectic, after school, get to practice routine, the gas and the early Saturday mornings, I would not trade watching my kiddos learn and grow and play soccer for anything, except maybe a late Saturday morning or two!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun to see photos of your children playing soccer and hear about their different personalities on the field. It must be hard for you all to leave your home there. We are keeping you in our prayers for a great transition. I wonder what God has in store!

    ReplyDelete