Monday, June 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Lizzie!

My sweet Lizzie has managed to stretch her 8th birthday out for about a week now!


It started last Sunday at JuJu's house in the pool


and ended Friday night with just a few close friends...


 in the pool!


Gotta love summer birthdays!


My sweet, wonderful Lizzie, what a journey we have been on!


You are tiny


and tenacious


and so totally terrific!


 You make an impact on this world my darling and captivate those whose paths you cross.



You are part of the reason why we are where we are now, in our faith and in our lives.

 We did not "save" you...


  you did, however, help to save us!


 You were the catalyst my love...


 that ignited our hearts for the Lord....


 turned what was a flicker into a flame and helped me to understand what He had been preparing me for.


At 8 years old, you get it and will be ready for the path that He has chosen for you so much sooner than most.


I don't know what that path will be yet but I know you will rock it!


 You are my puppy loving....


 soccer loving.....


 Jesus loving....


Superstar!

I have to close with one of my favorite set of pics.  They are from your championship soccer game when your team won...


 and you were celebrating with your friends, until...


 you saw me....


 on the side lines taking pics....


 without a second thought, you left your team and ran as fast as you could...


 straight into my arms!


 In that precious moment all the "hard" of the past 6 years just melted away and I did not want to let you go!

Happy Birthday my precious one


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

His plans for you are good my darling and we are blessed to be able to love you!

4 comments:

  1. And now I'm crying........happy birthday! What a special girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you sweet Maria! How are things over there?

      Delete