Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Between the end of soccer and the end of the school year and our seemingly endless appointments...

Tensions here, have been higher than usual.

We are a bit battle weary, doctor weary and just "real life" weary and it shows...
 
and while our "real life" gets weary, I am also constantly burdened for those who have no mothers to celebrate today...
 
and that reality has been hard for me lately, as I watch more and more precious ones wait.

So... it has been a bit stressful around here lately...

and today began like most Sundays, with the business of trying to get out the door and into Church by 9:00 a.m.!

Something that we just never seem to accomplish.

We always seem to be fashionably late...

but everyone is always so gracious and that very back row is always open and waiting for our tardy crew!

Today was no different...
 
rush, rush, rush...
 
late, late, late...

Except that today was Mother's Day and the Lord gave me a very special Mother's Day's gift.

You see, my eldest decided that he would write me a beautiful poem for this Mother's Day.


He also decided that he would just put it in my purse and wait for me to find it.

So when did I find it??

Yep, right after we skidded to a stop on that very back row at Church.

I found it...

read it...

and lost it!

Yep, right there on that very back row, I cried as sweet Lucy wiped away my tears.

The Lord showed me very clearly, just how blessed I am.

Dear Christian, I hope you understand just how much that sweet poem meant to me and how much the Lord used your beautiful heart to bless me today.
 

 
We went on to spend the rest of the day with my own sweet Momma and the beauty that surrounded me was so very clear...



and vibrant...



and vivid...




and I am once again renewed for another day.

Yep, this Mother's Day as my heart becomes more and more burdened for those who have no mothers, I have been renewed...

as I have pleaded with the Lord for a bit of joy in the midst of this burden...

He heard and He answered...
 
 
and just like Mom's beautiful Day Lilies...


Your mercy and Your grace and Your love is new every single day!

Thank you Lord for this very blessed Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment