Monday, April 18, 2016

Happy Belated Birthday Sweet Em

I remember the day she was born...


that day 10 years ago when the nurse handed her to me and the first thing I did was to check for boy parts or lack thereof...


hey, after 3 boys...


well you understand!

*grin*

The path to Emmeline was really the prelude of the unfolding of the Lord's plan for our lives.

Jesus didn't just "take the wheel"...

He snatched it from our controlled induced grip and threatened to pull over if we did not stop acting like, well, misguided control freaks...

and while the process had begun...

we were slow to relinquish our presumed control.  

However, as we watched Him work to bring our Lizzie home and as we watched His shaping of Emmeline's heart during this process, we began to behave less and less like back seat drivers and more and more like passengers who trusted the severe right turn their driver had taken, even learning to enjoy the bumps in the road along the way.

Now, I tell everyone that our faith journey got kicked into high gear with the process to bring Lizzie home and while that is true...


sweet Emmeline's easy, spirit filled transition from little sis to big, from only girl to virtual twin, only helped to enhance what the Lord was doing in Hubby's heart and mine.


Em's 2 year old world was turned upside down when Lizzie came home and then again with the addition of Maggie and Lucy, but she (mostly) handled it all with such a grace filled heart that it was truly convicting at times.


truly...


My precious Em, you love sweetly...


laugh freely...


nurture tenderly...


and worship faithfully.

You are beautiful from the inside out and I just cannot believe that my baby girl who was such a sweet surprise after my 3 rambunctious boys...


is now 10 years old and wearing my shoes!

Sigh...

Happy double digits my dear and remember that if you can wear my shoes...

*grin*

We love you sweet one.


As His plan for your heart takes shape, I continue to be transformed into something better than before you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ten years old and wearing your Mama's shoes? Those are some pretty big shoes to fill. I can see already, that you are also following her foot steps in the way that you love big.
    Happy 10th Birthday, Lovely Em! Hugs to you - Jo

    ReplyDelete