Sunday, July 31, 2016

Joy Filled Hard

We live very close to the beach...


I grew up going to the beach...


It is a part of who I am...


We don't go as much as I would like to these days as it has become harder.

Days are filled with the tasks of raising a larger family and our mobility issues don't mix well with beach sand.

There are those sweet times, however, that we do get to go and I am reminded of the joy that it brought me as a child.

While Em and Lizzie are out perfecting their Boogie Board techniques...



Maggie and Lucy just have fun playing in the surf, finding shells and building sand castles.


It is so hard for Lucy to walk on the beach...


she falls almost as much as she walks...


but that does not stop her from trying...


or from loving the beach...


I see that smile...


and I am reminded of the joy that He brought me as a child and now, as the parent of a very special child.

This is hard but this is blessed and all a part of the journey the Lord placed on my heart as a child,  growing up with joy.

So we will go to the beach beautiful Lucy...


and the blessings are the memories and they are joy!


2 comments:

  1. Stunning photos of beautiful Lucy~~capturing her JOY! I often think of her forlorn orphanage photo~~the transformation is remarkable thanks to the Lord for providing the perfect family for Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smile!!!! Such a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete