Thursday, March 11, 2021

Happy Birthday Em

Stop the clock, I wanna get off!

Fifteen years has brought us from smocked dresses to ripped jeans and I am not ready!


Fifteen years ago, I was in unfamiliar territory...

I mean, OK, the hospital was familiar, the unattractive and well ventilated hospital gowns were familiar, the really uncomfortable pillows were familiar and the awesome nurses were sweetly familiar and such a comfort to me. 

But... 

after 3 boys... 

this whole girl thing was totally unfamiliar.

I mean, OK, I am a girl so that was familiar but I had never raised a girl!!!

Totally unfamiliar...

Sort of😉

and so totally awesome!

I mean after 3 loud, rowdy, burping boys... 

I now had a sweet, quiet, dainty little girl...


who can burp with the best of  'em...

and whose Dad totally encourages her because that will certainly keep the boys away...

Yeah right...


Sigh😉

Without warning, 15 years has slipped past and the little sister with three bigger brothers is now threatening to "out height" them and I am not ready...

  My precious one, your delightful innocence is weaved throughout your beautiful maturity. Your heart is full of love and laughter and compassion and broken-ness as the Lord has already opened your eyes and burdened your heart for this fallen world.

He has entrusted you with much baby girl and I am overwhelmed watching  as God's plan captivates every ounce of you. 

"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day." Psalm 46:5

Trust in that sweet one and whether easy or not, the rest will flow.


Happy Birthday baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment