Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Beautiful Soul

Remember this guy??



You know, the one with all the hair???


Yeah, well turning into an official teenager must have messed with his mind, just look at what he did!!!


Hehe!!!  Looks good, don't ya think????

Know what else this teenager did??  Warning - big time Mommie brag time!!

In a world where you seem to hear about all the challenges our children face (there are so many) and in a time where you seem to hear all the bad things our youth are involved in, I know there are those kids out there who have values and empathy and principles - so many more than we think. 

How do I know?

I know because I see it around me.  Have you read Tammy's blog, Country Girl at Home?  Her teenage daughter, Joy is doing some wonderful advocacy work - on - her - own!  Amazing!

How do I know?

I know because I am raising one of those teenagers. 

Christian got his first real job this fall.  He is working on the Jr. Cotillion staff, helping to demonstrate dances and etiquette and such! 


As I have said here before, I give that credit to his Grandmothers, cause I just don't know nothin bout that etiquette stuff!  I mean, in this house even the girls think bodily noises are funny!  I know - no hope!  Hehe!

Anyway, the other night, Christian was working at Cotillion and they were practicing different dances.  There were more girls than boys that night and Christian was the stand in.  As it so often happens, there was one girl who never got picked.  Sigh!  Because Christian was the stand in, he would get paired with this sweet child every time.  As they were dancing, she looked at him and asked that heartbreaking question, "Why does this always happen to me?  Why don't I ever get picked?"

Do you know what my teenage son did???

He told this hurt child that she was a really good dancer.  He told her that the boys didn't want to look like they didn't know what they were doing and that is the only reason they didn't pick her!!!! 

Oh my!!  My heart just about burst right out of my chest!!  Not only did he know that she was hurting but he knew just what to say to her!  To say that I was proud doesn't really seem sufficient. 

I really can't take credit for the empathetic boy that he is.  I think that is something that is just born into a person, something that is a part of their soul. 

I can, however, shout to the world how thankful I am that God gave me the blessing that is my sweet Christian!  I just cannot wait to see where that beautiful soul takes him!

10 comments:

  1. What a great kid!
    He is going to make some lucky girl an awesome husband!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Annie! What a precious young man you have there ... and looking ever-so handsome with his new hair cut. Very spunky indeed. I can just imagine how proud your heart must feel to see Christ's nature exuding out of him. Yay for you! You have every good reason to brag today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet heartfelt response on the spur of the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww......Annie.......what a treasure he is!!! Love the haircut! Looks very handsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetheart you have been blessed with. And I LOVE the short hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, he looks much more grown up with the new do. I love it. Secondly, he is going to make such a great hubby that I'd like to volunteer my daughter (she's super sweet and can cook not to mention her beauty) as his bride. Arranged marriage anyone??? hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful boy you have! Such a big heart and he's adorable! The haircut looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's see.....Christian's 13...and Joy's 11....I'm just thinking....(don't tell Joy and Christian I said that). :) That is so precious...what a gentleman and beautiful soul! And I love his haircut, but then I loved it before too. He looks good either way! :)

    And thank you so much for mentioning Joy! That was so sweet of you. She's not quite a teenager yet, but is an "old soul" and always has been. I always think of her as older because that's just how she is!

    Blessings Annie!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You, my friend, are a blessed momma...and I'd be a braggin one too! OK...he just completely stole my heart because I woulda been THAT girl as his age! What a complete sweetheart and I know he's learned that from you. Give him a hug and a kiss from a momma who would do it if we lived closer!! :) AND I LOVE the new header pic of you all. SO FUN!!

    ReplyDelete