Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Sweet Caleb

So today is my sweet baby boy's birthday and...


he is finally in double digits! 


Oh my!

I have 3 years left until he turns into one of these...





ACK!

Caleb decided he wanted to have a few of his friends over for partay and pizza!


These guys have known each other ever since they were 2 years old.


They don't get to see each other much anymore but if you ask them, they will tell you that they are all each other's best friend.

No matter how long it has been, they just seem to be able to pick up right where they left off and that is such a sweet gift.

Big brother Charlie even offered to take them to the convenience store right around the corner...

and PAY!

That Charlie, really sweet and 


really brave!

So my sweet Caleb is 10 years old. 

 
This child is truly a mix of his momma and his daddy


He surely has my heart for those in need...


and his dad's sense of humor.


They "get" each other.

Sorry sweetie but you do - hehe.

My sweet Caleb who floats so effortlessly between his 2 older brothers and his 2 younger sisters has a spirit that is wise and kind and unassuming.

When I showed Caleb a story about a little boy in a Chinese orphanage who needed surgery, Yong's Story , my sweet baby boy told me that he wanted to ask his friends to donate to precious Yong for his birthday, instead of bringing him gifts...

everyone except his Grandmothers, of course!

"wink"

On another day not too long ago, when Lizzie was sad about school and telling us that she was not "popular", Caleb told his littlest sister that not being popular at school was ok and that she was "under cool."  When Lizzie asked what "under cool" meant, he told her that even though she didn't think she was popular at school, her family knows how cool she is and that is WAY better!

Love this kid! 

My precious, funny, sweet, wise Caleb, you will forever be my baby boy...


even when you are taller than me, which is coming way too soon for my liking, however...


I still get a few more years of this!  Ha!

Happy birthday to my sweet baby boy!


We love you!

5 comments:

  1. Awww...what a sweet boy you have there! Love how he wanted his friends to help Yong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Rita! He really has such a kind heart:)

      Delete