Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday Snapshot - What Could I Say...

but thank you.


Ya see, I am not what you would call an avid gardener.

I did not inherit my Momma's green thumb and in fact, I would go so far as to say that my thumb is rather brown!

Heh!

So, when we moved into this house, I was excited about the beautiful Irises that the builder had planted in the yard.

Not excited enough, however to actually take care of them so after a while, they just stopped blooming.

Sigh...

However, every year, one or two determined, stubborn Irises would pop their pretty blue heads up as if to say, 

"It's ok, we understand.  You are a very busy person."

or possibly...

"You will not defeat me!"

Yeah, so, this year, there was only one lone survivor who was, in the end, too enticing for sweet Em.

My precious one just had to pick that flower for her Momma and while I hated to see this tenacious flower get picked...

What could I say?!

To read more Sunday Snapshots go to Stefanie's wonderful blog, here,

Ni Hao Yall

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my. But how could it look any more beautiful than in your Em's hands? ;) Love the photo! I wonder what your garden at your new house will be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Rita! I hope it will be nothing but trees;) Trees, I can handle:)

    ReplyDelete