Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Happy Birthday

To my sweet Hubby!


He turns 45 today but alas


there will be no teasing about being half way to 50 cause by October...


I will have made it to 50!

Stinks!

"grin"

We didn't do anything special this year cause, well, we are broke and cause we are getting ourselves ready to bring these 2 precious gifts home

 
and they are the ultimate gifts!

How could I top that?

I do know, however that my sweet hubby has probably grown more in the past 3 years than in all of his 45 years on this earth.

 
There have been growing pains for sure but through it all, he stayed strong and found his true foundation.

He likes to laugh this sweet Hubby of mine and being goofy is one of his fav past times...

 
that along with thoroughly embarrassing his boys


You did catch that, right?  His boys!


His girls are a different story 

sorry for the old pics but Hubby is never here long enough to take pics - sigh..

I think if he could carry his girls on his shoulders for the rest of their lives, up from the "ugly" of the world, he would!

He thinks of himself much like the Grinch.


A tough as nails heart that grew 3 sizes and popped right out of it's tight little frame, the day he met me and started having all these younguns!

I know the truth, however...

 
His sweet Momma started that process loooooong before he met me!

This hubby of mine has had quite the journey here recently and I thank the Lord every single day for the struggles that brought us to this place, this place of trust, this place of letting go of control and this place of peace, not to mention this place of 5 going on 7 kiddos!

Those last 2 just don't seem to go together, do they?

Heh! 

If you had told me when we met that we would eventually end up with 7 beautiful children...

I might have run the other way...

screaming!

I think that is why the Lord only shows us what we need to see, day by day.

If we saw all that was ahead...

we might just get back in bed and pull the covers over our heads...

Hubby's other fav past time!

Hehe!

The Lord has certainly done a mighty work within Hubby's heart and tonight as I think back over the last few years, the sweet song, Blessings by Laura Story, comes to mind



We have had so many "mercies in disguise" over the last few years and I am so grateful to have weathered the storms and uncovered the mercies with this sweet man by my side.

He worries about the pounds that he wants to loose.

He worries about, ahem, his head out growing his hair...

but all I see is a heart too large to contain and an awakening of what this life is really all about.

I hate that he is there and we are here on his birthday but he is in our thoughts today and in our hearts everyday.


Happy (45th) Birthday my love!

Be kind in October!
"wink"

2 comments:

  1. Many Happy Returns to your wonderful husband! The both of you look decades younger than your actual ages! Must be all the love and good qualities radiating through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Stranger! What a sweet post about your husband. And...I'd never guess you were hitting 50 soon. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete