Friday, February 19, 2016

Short but Sweet

We only had her for a short period of time...


but sweet Pepper left her "mark"...


puppy teeth are sharp!

*grin*

This cute little pup was only 5 pounds when we took her on as a foster...


but she quickly grew in size as well as in our hearts.


Pepper's time with us was brief...


shorter than any of our other fosters...


but she snuggled her way in each of our hearts...


and as hard as her departure was, it seemed to serve a purpose, another step toward healing, only not for Pepper but for our sweet Maggie.


I don't share much here about our Maggie's past as it is her story to tell...

but it is a heartbreaking story and one that she has protected herself from, for a very long time...

and as much as sweet Pepper seemed to reach Maggie, it was her departure to her furever home that really seemed to help crumble some of Maggie's walls...


and while that was incredibly hard on both of us...

the Lord gave me the clarity to see the progress, see the raw emotion and see the healing.

As I told my precious Maggie...

"Having to say good-bye is hard and I am very sad because of all of the hard good-bye's you have had in your life."

She cried and I cried and the Lord continues to heal.

Sweet Pepper, on the other hand, is headed to an incredible furever home with no kids and no other dogs...

Ahhhhhhhhh......

Oops, sorry, got lost in the "no kids and no dogs" moment.

*wink*

I see absolutely no spoiling in her future!


Ha!

Dear sweet Pepper, you are loved and you are missed but you are going to have a wonderful life with your new family and as for us...

sadly, there are so, so many other "Peppers" out there who are dying (literally - sigh) to have their chance at a furever home too...

Lord the world is broken but You take the broken and make it beautiful. 


Thank you for providing us those glimpses of "beautiful".

4 comments:

  1. Oh Pepper - you are a Godsend medicine with beautiful FLOPPY ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet Maggie-girl. My heart hurts for your daughter, Annie, as I know (I think) some of the pain she is feeling. I have always had a hard time with good-byes. Though part of me knew it wasn't personal, I always cried and felt like it was my fault for the good-byes. Also, I felt like "Why do the people that I love always "go away"? In all honesty, I still struggle with that sometimes. I pray that Maggie doesn't feel that way. And, if she does... that she will find Healing for that hurt in her heart and soul. Abandonment at a very young age does horrible things to a child. I am so Thankful that Maggie has a Mommy and Daddy that will hold her close and tell her that they will always be there for her. I often wonder how a small child can even think that it was something they did to make everyone they love "go away". I'm rambling...sorry.
    I'll miss seeing Pepper here and on FB. But, I look forward to meeting the next new Foster!
    Much love to you all. Special Hugs to Maggie. - Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Jo! Prayers for your precious heart as well!

      Delete