Sunday, November 15, 2020

Faith of a Child

Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it. 
Luke 18:17

A while back, after the girls had gone to sleep, during my nightly rounds...

I changed a shirt that Maggie had picked out to wear the next day because it did not match the rest of her outfit. 

A justified Mom thing to do. Am I right!

The very next morning, my hard headed child had changed it right back and had the gall to show herself downstairs in the shirt she had chosen - not the one I had picked out.

Girl... 😉

Well, the Momma hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I immediately began to question her. In my most "Momma knows best" tone of voice, I told her that the shirt that she had picked out did not match the rest of her outfit! 

Bam!

She, unswayed by my obvious fashion sense 😆 stopped me and replied, "But Momma, I want everyone to see what God did."

You see, the shirt she had chosen was the Sing a Song of Hope shirt that we had used to fundraise for Will's adoption.


In my first thing in the morning, pre-coffee, "adultness", I told her how wonderful that was but that no one would know what God had done by just looking at her shirt... 

To which my baby girl replied, "But it is Superhero Day at school today Mom."

Dang...

As I gathered my breath, I asked her, "So darlin, God is your superhero?"

And with one of her famous Maggie smiles, she said, "YES and that's why I picked this shirt!"

Oh Lord, give me the faith of a child. Make my heart as pure and faithful as my Maggie!

Adoption is the hardest, bestest 😉 thing we have ever done. 

What could possibly be more important than giving a child a family... yearly vacations, new kitchen cabinets, a new car every few years, a boat, a sweet retirement or maybe protecting the world's vision of "the perfect family"?

Please ask me about adoption...

No comments:

Post a Comment