Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thankful 2020

I know. I know...

Thankful and 2020 just do not seem to go together but y'all there is always something to be thankful for.

And maybe that is the purpose behind the pain of this year.

What if...

What if  we had just kept right on sleeping?

What if our eyes had never opened?

What if our American Dream had not been shattered, or at least, redefined?

These are the questions I, personally, have asked myself as the Lord continues to wake us up, open our eyes and remake our dreams and sometimes it is painful but I have learned that if I am thankful, it is purposeful. 

  This year has not been an easy one for most of us but maybe we needed a little hard.

I don't pray for hard but I have learned that it is through the hard that hearts break, faith grows and dreams change...

the unnecessary falls away until only the need remains...

and oh my goodness do we need Him.

Church, we just have to understand just how much we need Him and we can't do that when we are comfortable and safe and...

asleep.

Are we awake yet?

November is a month filled with thankfulness, paper plates and all😉...

and family...




Minus and missing Charlie and Bella and ____

and turkey...

and pie...

and apparently basketball??

Charlie, we needed you...

and a football...

*wink*

However, November is also Orphan Awareness Month.

Seriously church... exactly why do we need an Orphan Awareness Month?

"According to UNICEF, almost 10,000 children become orphans every day. According to internationally accepted figures, there are at least 140 million orphans in the world."

However...

"There are about 2.3 billion Christians in the world."

Really...

Y'all, the church should be full of Trauma Mommas and the orphanages should be empty!

As we dance around the idols of ourselves, our comfort, our security and our families...

orphans children die

No, not everyone is called to adopt.

blah blah blah blah

but do you really think for one single, solitary minute that God's plan for any of these children was for them to be an orphan, much less an orphan forever?

Do you really think that God's plan for His believers was for them to spend their time here clinging to their earthly comfort and security?


"Quote by a 30yr old orphan, who aged out of an orphanage where he had lived his whole life. Spoken at the CAFO Summit 2013":

“When I grew up in the orphanage it was Christians who came and built nicer buildings. Christians who bought us beds, clothing and provided money monthly for food. It was a Christian, who wrote a letter in a shoebox, who first told me I was loved. It was the Christians who met all my physical and material needs in that orphanage. But it was also Christians who neglected my biggest need. Children in orphanages don’t need more money, nicer buildings or better clothes. I am not an orphan because I lost my home or provisions. I am an orphan because I lost my parents. I needed a mom and a dad. I needed a family. Christians treated all my temporary symptoms of need but never cured my long term disease of being orphan. I am still an orphan.”

I am still an orphan

Weren't we all until the Lord adopted us?

Adoption is one of the clearest pictures of the Gospel that we have and yet there are still waiting children.

Why?

Because adoption is hard?

Ok and...

Because it's expensive?

yeah and...

Because it disrupts our American Dream?

Bingo!

Please ask me about adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment