Thursday, January 28, 2021

Happy Birthday Will

This week we celebrated Will. 

On January 23rd, 2018, we met Will for the first time.


 On January 24th, 2018, Will, Hubby and I signed the official papers and he became our son.  


On January 25th, 2018, he turned 14, the age at which he would have forever lost his chance for a family and lived the rest of his life in the "second orphanage".


On January 24th, 2021, we started Will's 17th birthday celebrations a bit early. We couldn't resist taking these two out to dinner seeing as though in a few days, they will both be 17 years old... 


that is until February 12th when Caleb turns 18!!

Yikes!

We spent the evening talking about girlfriends and futures and time we could not get back and as I sit here tonight contemplating Will's "could have been"...


I am eternally grateful for what is now, his "could be".

   

 During dinner he asked me what my dream job had been when I was a little girl. The question is a simple one, but for Will it is one full of hope and an understanding of what a future is.

It has finally settled in and taken up residence in his heart and the hope is reflected in his ease.

I don't always understand but I have learned to always trust.

 On January 25th, 2021, Will turned 17 and he has the rest of his life ahead of him, a life that I am so grateful to now be a part of. 


I will never forget that first day, the day that we met our 4th son. 


He was nervous but ready. He gently took my hand and trusted. He placed his trust in those he could not see and could not understand. 


Yes, his life is better and yes, he now has a hope and a future but on the night of Will's 17th birthday, we know we are the ones with such a gift!

Will has a wisdom that comes from hard, which could have hardened him but the Lord protected his heart and that gentleness with which he took my hand has followed him home and we are blessed.

There is a difference in his pictures then and now... 



just as there is a difference in OUR pictures then and now.


He is changed but so . are . we...

No comments:

Post a Comment