Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Smokey Bear

So, if you remember a few weeks back, the great feral kitten wrangler had wrangeled herself a wild little black kitty. If you don't remember, you can read all about "my little prodigy" here, Crocodile Dunshe!

Both Lizzie and the kitty were in shock and scared and when they got home...

the real work began.

Sound familiar?

I watched as this precious daughter of mine fed and cared for and comforted and loved this tiny scared kitty.

It took great patience and faith as she nurtured through hissing and hiding and scratching and fear and as the days turned into weeks, she persevered because she knew.

She knew the love that was growing in her heart and that as frightened as this tiny one was...

that one day... 

he would know it too and while fear may always be a part of him...

she knows his familiar healing and now she is beginning to know ours.


And as she wrestled with the choice of finding him a good home or keeping him forever, she began to understand that as much as he needed her...

she . needed . him.

Through this tiny one, my tiny one is gifted a small glimpse into the love that grows by God's grace as He heals and restores the giver and the receiver... 


I watch her as she cares for him and I recognize the doubt and the fear and the joy and the love and the surrender and the embrace and . the . healing and it is familiar.


Lord thank you for your constant healing and the gentle way in which You care for us and restore us in ways that touch us so deeply.

So now I can officially say that we have our 2nd "grand" and he is also a CAT and his name is Smokey!


No worries Chewy, Lizzie's body may be tiny but her heart is HUGE😉!


 Besides... you are MY dog😆

You can read about our 1st "grand" here, Boots!

Now I guess I will be stuck with a name like Memaw!!

I . AM . THE . DOG . LADY!!!

I mean I could have had a cool grandma name like G-dog but noooooo...

My partner in crime rescue had to go and rescue a cute little kitten...

and oh my goodness just look at those squishy little cheeks😉

Welcome to the Ham Fam little Smokey Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment