Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Snapshot - My Sweet Emmeline


Is she really 5 years old??  This precious little bundle of girlyness


who, after 3 boys (and at my age of 42) was quite a surprise!


I asked at every ultrasound for them to check again, just to be sure!  After delivering a house full of testosterone, I was NOT convinced that she was in fact a girl until she was born and I could check for um, missing parts, if ya know what I mean!  Hehe!


And what a girl we got!  I had hoped for half tomboy and half girlie girl and I do believe the Lord heard my plea.  This child will dress up in her best Princess dress, ready herself for the ball while shooting Nerf guns at her brothers and if necessary, tackling them to the ground without toppling her tiara!  The girls got talent, y'all!


We call her "Charlie's twin," Lord help us her! 


She is LOUD and bossy knows her own mind and so full of joy and laughter and smiles and is always the one who, when asked to pray for something for the Lord to help her with - prays for all the children and the animals in the world who don't have homes, to find homes and families! 

She certainly did open her arms and her heart to her sister, whom she adores! 


Don't get me wrong, they can fight like - well - sisters but...


They are each others side kick and best friend


and have a very special bond


Oh and she also wants to adopt a baby - from New York - when she grows up!  Yeah, don't ask!  LOL!


She is the one I chose to home school this year,


Yep - this one - really!


Really!!!  Ha!


I am loving it.  Em, on the other hand, would like to go to a school with a playground!  Sigh!  I am committed though and because I got to experience this with my Em, we have now decided to keep Caleb home next year - and maybe both girls - sorry dear Em but you may be stuck with me for another year!


My precious Em turned 5 a couple of weeks ago but due to this


We weren't really able to celebrate like we wanted to, so we waited until there was a break in this


 to be able to come to JuJu's  and PARTY!


The table was set, the ice cream cake, divine, the cousins all there and...


my sweet baby got to do the one thing she was so hoping to do....

SWIM!


It had rained all day and was not as warm as it had been but she didn't care.  As soon as the rained stopped (well almost stopped), they jumped in - at night - in the cold - in the drizzle and had a blast!  Funny thing is the 5 younger ones all jumped in while the older 3 hid in terror!  With age, comes wisdom????  Heh!

Em's other 5 year old request was to go down to my brother and his wife's farm and ride horses!!  This is truly a little slice of Heaven on earth for my kids.  They love going to the farm and who could blame them? 


There are chickens


and hogs


and horses!


and cousins on horses!
Em loved it


When she demanded asked to steer, I felt a bit like a parent letting their kids drive for the first time!


When she is 16 and driving for the first time, however, I don't think she will let me run along side the car, will she?
So my darling Emmeline, you haven't changed much in your 5 years



except for getting taller and older (sigh) and maybe a little LOUDER (again, Sigh), and I am so thankful that you haven't!  You are just as sweet and loving and fun as you have always been. 



You still love to snuggle and take comfort in your Momma's arms and that does this Momma's heart good!


My beautiful Emmeline, I wish you a very Happy 5th Birthday and hope the next 5 years will bring you lots of ballet and soccer, tea parties and flag football!  You are my precious Princess Tomboy and I wouldn't have it any other way!

To join in on other Sunday Snapshots go here,


Ni Hao Yall

13 comments:

  1. Oh my (sniff, sniff), they grow up way too fast, don't they?
    She is such a cutie! She sounds just like my 5 year old! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know isn't it hard to see them grow up so fast. Looks like she had an awesome celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a pretty girl/tomboy. :) Happy Birthday to your (not-so-much) baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a precious post! She is so adorable. Happy birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both of your baby girls are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne - this seriously made me cry!!!!
    I remember the joy of looking after Caleb and the boys watching them grow up! And then Em!!! From when she was only a few months old! What a pleasure!!
    Love you all soooo much! Happy Birthday to Em and IM sure lil Lizzie's will be coming up too?!! xoxoox Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post about a beautiful little girl! :) Hoping we can all get together again soon!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post! I love how her personality comes through in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness.....she is SUCH a beauty. Just like her mama.

    happy birthday, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wha fun full life you guys live. Happy birthday to your princess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this sweet post about your baby girl. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She sure is a precious child! Our girls are the same way, especially Sydney, dressed up fancy as can be one second and wrestling with her older brother the next. Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete