Friday, December 11, 2020

All I Want...

From the heart of an actual foster child. 

This dark cycle is never going to be broken by government programs. This level of brokenness can only be healed through Jesus. Hearts have to be changed and deep, messy wounds healed and that requires more than food, clothes and a bed to sleep in. 

Believers, WE are His hands and feet. WE have been called to care for the least of these. WE are to do more than just pay our taxes and allow the government to do what WE were called to do. There are so many of us out there. Why, why does any child have to be without the love and protection of a forever family. 


On Saturday, I learned of two dogs that had been thrown from a speeding car on a major highway. The depravity of the human heart. Why not just stop and let them out? Why not just take them to the shelter. Why, maybe because they wanted to inflict the most pain and suffering as they could. 

These kinds of things affect me so deeply. I wonder if there was a child in the car? Were these pups his or her pets? I wonder and my heart breaks at the level of hurt and trauma this would cause and the cycle of broken continues. 

I was so angry and then, by God's grace alone, I found myself weeping at the wounds that had to be so deep and praying for the people whose hearts had to be so hard and so dark to be able to do something so horrendous. What kind of pain and trauma were they exposed to and where was the church, the believers who were instructed by Jesus to care for the lost and the hurt. 


As we cling to our safety, our comforts, our conveniences, our fun, our security, our way of life... children die and many many times, they die alone.


This fallen world desperately needs Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment