Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Mary, Martha and Maggie

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!' 
'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.'"  Luke 10:38-42

Distractions...

Boy are we consumed by distractions...

I was recently reminded of this when my sweet Maggie gave me a hug. Maggie hugs with every essence of herself and all other hugs pale in comparison and Maggie loves to hug me!


So the other day, while I was feeding the dogs, my sweet Maggie came up and gave me a hug and, I asked her...

Me: "Maggie, I love your hugs baby girl but why do you always choose to hug me when I am actively doing something? Why don't you wait until I am not doing anything to hug me so I can hug you back?"

Maggie: "But Mom, you are ALWAYS doing something!"

Me: "Touché baby girl, touché!"

I then proceeded to put the dog bowls down, sit at His feet and hug her back!

Yes, I have a house full and yes, there are things that have to get done but what a sweet reminder to not let these moments slip by, only to get lost in the distractions. 

There are blessings and lessons all around us all day long but we absorb them as just another part of our day instead of lingering and listening and making them a part of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment